The Comprehensive Fee was implemented in 1998. It is a consolidation of SUNY and campus-required fees, which support several University services and programs. All students at the University at Buffalo pay the Comprehensive Fee, unless they meet fee waiver requirements available for some fees. Many of the schools in the Mid-American Conference, of which UB is a member, also have a comprehensive approach to fees and several American Association of Universities and SUNY campuses have also instituted a Comprehensive Fee.
- Phone: 716-645-1800
- Hours: M - TH: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- F: 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Better communicates the cost of attendance
- Reduces multiple fee waivers required of some students
- Simplified student invoices
- Improves campus processing of payments
- Comprehensive Fee website updated frequently to keep students and community abreast of changes
- Waiver information and application available online
- Professional staff member available to answer questions and to process waiver requests
- Fee coordinators available to answer questions
- Student input on fee planning through Intercollegiate Athletic Board, Student Health Advisory Committee, Student Union Advisory Committee, advisory groups on transportation and student activity areas and the annual student consultation process. Input solicited in development of campus technology plans.
- Contact Information
2015-16 Actual Expenditures
Overall Comprehensive Fee: $52,656,000
Athletic Fee: $9,376,700
Supports 20 competitive sports teams, open and structured recreation (payroll and infrastructure), intramurals and sports clubs.
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Recreation and Intramural Services
Campus Life: $5,587,700
Supports programs and facilities that promote the quality of campus life.
- Academic and Co-Curricular Personal Development
- Strategic Initiatives
- Student Engagement
- Standards and Safety
College Fee: $636,500
Supports activities of various university operations.
- University Police
- Academic mission of University
Health Fee: $8,240,680
Provides health services to students.
- Health Services
- Counseling Services
- Wellness Education Services
- Accessibility Resources
Builds and maintains an infrastructure that will enable UB to offer its students the highest quality learning environment; used to address specific technology needs such as computing and information technology, library automation, remote network access, public computing sites, and student system automation.
- Digital Libraries
- Educational Technology
- Classroom Upgrades
- Student Services
Transcript Fee: $149,000
Provides transcript services to students and alumni.
- Transcript services and official transcripts
Provides parking and transportation services to the University.
- Transportation Services
- Parking Services
Questions and comments regarding the Comprehensive Fee may be emailed to UBstudentaccounts@buffalo.edu.
Last updated: April 18, 2017 12:13 pm EST