Application for NY High School Graduates/GED Holders
Students who have graduated from a high school in New York State or have completed a New York State GED program may submit an abbreviated application assuming they meet the following criteria:
- Have graduated from a NYS high school;
- Attended a NYS high school for at least 2 full years;
- Applied to the university within five (5) years of receiving their high school diploma.
- Attended and completed an approved New York State program for a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) exam preparation;
- Received a GED from the State of New York;
- Applied to the university within five (5) years of receiving their GED.
Students who meet the criteria set forth above may submit an Application for In-State Residency Status—Short Form (PDF). All others should complete a regular application.
NOTE: Students without lawful immigration status who have graduated from high school in New York should also submit the short form application. Such students should also complete the “Affidavit of Intent” that is included as part of that application.
Last updated: April 17, 2017 4:58 pm EST