Hours: M - TH: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
F: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- In-person- Cash, Check or Money Order at the Student Response Center, 232 Capen Hall
- Online-Credit Card or eCheck- Parent must be set up as an Authorized Payer by their student
- Mail- Check or Money Order
- New York State 529 College Savings Plan-please visit www.nysaves.org or call 1-877-697-2837
- Instructions on how to pay my bill as an authorized payer (PDF)
- Please be advised that payments made with business checks will be considered third party payments and could have an impact on your taxes.
Electronic student accounts billing statements (eBill); paper bills will no longer be generated.
- Parent must be set up as an Authorized Payer by their student in order to receive email notification and access to statement
- Instructions for how to access and read your bill (PDF)
- Student account transactions are available for viewing online. Parent must be set up as an Authorized Payer by their student in order to have access to online transactions.
Establish a payment plan:
- Students: Log in to your HUB Student Center and click on Payment Options in the Finances section. Once you are in the Student Center Payment Options screen, click on Payment Plan in the menu.
- Authorized Payers: Log in to the Payment Options screen using the Authorized Payer website. Click on Payment Plan in the menu.
Tax statements (1098T): The University will report to the IRS required information about students who were billed for at least one credit hour in any semester of a tax year. This information does not reflect what a student paid during the tax year, but what a student was billed. A 1098-T form is mailed to students with a valid social security number on file.
Last updated: May 25, 2013 3:34 am EST