Direct Deposit of Refunds
The University at Buffalo is partnering with Nelnet Campus Commerce to provide direct deposit of your refunds. You may have your financial aid and/or overpayment* refunds deposited directly into your U.S. bank account.
Here are the advantages for you:
- There is no risk of your check being lost or stolen in the mail.
- You don’t have to go to the bank to cash or deposit it.
- Funds for direct deposit participants will be available sooner when a refund is generated.
Funds should be available within 2 business days from the time the direct deposit refund is initiated, depending on your financial institution.
To Establish Direct Deposit
- If you have not already done so, establish a U.S. checking or savings account at any financial institution that is a member of the Automated Clearing House and which chooses to participate in the direct deposit program.
- Sign up for direct deposit in your HUB Student Center by clicking Payment Options in the Finances section. Once you are in the Student Center Payment Options screen, click on Direct Deposit in the menu.
To Change or Cancel Direct Deposit
You can make any changes to your direct deposit by logging into your HUB Student Center and clicking on Payment Options in the Finances section. Once you are in the Student Center Payment Options screen, click on Direct Deposit in the menu.
*Excludes credit card overpayments
Direct deposit helps you get refunds quickly. Learn how to set this up in your HUB Student Center. (Video transcript, TXT)
Last updated: April 17, 2017 4:44 pm EST